Tuesday, August 25, 2009

R.I.P. N.I.N.


After 20 years of giving you nightmares, Nine Inch Nails is calling it quits.

The band's leader and founder, Trent Reznor, has been in the news in recent years publicizing his alternative music distribution concepts, and has been an outspoken critic of the commercial music industry.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the band musically, but I always appreciate reading Trent's commentary on the music busniess and his forecast for where he thinks things are headed. Some articles of note:

His Advice to Independent Artists trying to find their Audience
Reznor Slams Labels for State of Industry (Rolling Stone)
Reznor talks about the Price of Albums

NIN will be having a last hoorah in New York this week, with sold out shows around the city.

Next up is Terminal 5, tonight and tomorrow. Don't even think about finding any extra tickets.

No comments: