Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cougar EPK...Album coming this Summer


Every morning on my way to work, I see ads for the new Bravo show called "The Cougar". This premise is obvious to those hip to the urban dictionary. (kinda hot) Older woman has younger men compete for her heart, in painfully scripted competitions.

If only Bravo knew that the above use of the word is sooooooo last year. So what does Cougar bring to mind now that we've put the slur to death? Cougar means HEADY INSTRUMENTAL "EMERGENCY ROCK".

This summer, my new favorite band Cougar will be dropping a heavy, heavy new album. (a follow up to the stellar "law") Ninja Tune (the mighty fine label that represents such juggernauts as Amon Tobin and Bonobo) was lucky enough to grab these dudes and will be unleashing the flood gates also known as "Patriot" in August.

I was lucky enough to get an advance copy, and let me tell you, this shit ROCKS. My favorite is a tune called Rhinelander, which incorporates lush vocal harmonies set to latin scripture (I know, sounds weird, but it just works, ok?)

I could draw comparisons to bands like Tortoise, Jaga Jazzist, Four Tet, or maybe even Battles; but I won't because they are unique in their own right.

Taste the EPK, and count the days till August. More Links below the vid



Links:
The Website
Myspace
Youtube Vids

No comments: