Monday, May 21, 2007

Prep that Thigh


Straight from the Fall 06 MAPEC concert in the Kimmel Center, it's "Prep that Thigh". This is a video of me and my bandmate Calvin Pia performing his song. Its our attempt at some live electronic music.

As I've said before on this blog, I'm very interested in the new ways electronic music is being performed. Previously there has been a barrier between audience and performer in these types of concerts. Musicians hide behind laptops, moving their fingers around, and the audience sits and listens. Calvin and I have incorporated some video and a little choreographed crowd interaction in an effort to make live electronica more fun. Did it work? I dunno. What do you think?

Here are two other performance from that night. The Volt Collective and Space Disease


1 comment:

thom de plume said...

One word...

Outstanding!